The monthly mission of the month is the Good Samaritan Fund. One of the responsibilities of the church secretary is to administer Broadway’s Good Samaritan Fund. All Good Samaritan information is strictly confidential. The Good Samaritan Fund provides assistance for short-term, emergency situations. We help with assistance to those living in Tuscarawas County and our congregation in outlying areas. We help with rent and utilities. We consider how many are in the family and other available assets in making determination regarding assistance levels. We give assistance only once a year.
Anyone asking for food is referred to the Dover/New Phila. Food pantry and/or Friends of the Homeless. Here are a few ways we check up on those asking for assistance in our community:
- Work with the Friends of the Homeless to help determine financial assistance. They do background checks with police.
- Check for outstanding warrants or possible court actions.
- Communicate with the Friends of the Homeless Shelter for those who may be working the system.
- Contact the Salvation Army for more information to validate the applicant’s situation.
- Check with their employer for verification.
- Determine to call their landlord to confirm they are good tenants who usually pay their rent.
Good Sam is always here for any of our Broadway family who need assistance and it is always given in a confidential manner. Thank you, Broadway Church, for entrusting me as I prayerfully minister to those in need in the name of Jesus. Please designate gifts to this mission by giving to the monthly mission line on your tithing envelope.
Amazed by His Love!